Thursday, January 30, 2014

GET YOUR PCOS AWARENESS PRESS KIT TODAY!!!!



PRESS RELEASE: PCOS AWARENESS PRESS KITS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
MANTUA, NJ
JANUARY 30, 2014

In 2000, I was diagnosed with a syndrome not many individuals, let alone doctors were aware of or well equipped to treat. While there have been strides in recognition, it still remains a conundrum for many...
 
Up to 10% of women and girls worldwide have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), a complex hormonal disorder for which there is no cure. If left untreated PCOS can be a precursor to many life threatening conditions including type II diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, stroke and kidney problems. This means PCOS contributes to some of the leading causes of death and disability in women today.
 
What PCOS is, and what it does to women who have it, is complicated to explain as symptoms and severity of the syndrome can vary from person to person. Some of the classic symptoms are drastic weight gain, hair loss, depression, fatigue, thyroid problems, high cholesterol, panic attacks, headaches, dizzy spells, poor memory or muddled mind, sleeping disorders, constant thirst, extreme cravings, insulin resistance, cystic acne, cystic ovaries, menstrual cycles without ovulation, irregular cycles, severe mood swings, high testosterone levels, infertility problems, excess facial and body hair, not to mention a seven times greater risk than an average woman for four major health concerns affecting women in the United States today including heart disease, diabetes, endometrial cancer and stroke.

Now women who have spent their lives trying to come to terms with living with and understanding PCOS are asking for change, awareness and support..
 
Women like Jean Murphy of New Hampshire address some of the many reasons why awareness is important. She states, 

“I run a support group for women with PCOS. I would like the House and Senate leaders to address the insurance companies so they will recognize and pay for not only treatment but complications of this syndrome. Diabetes, heart disease and cancer is costing the insurance company in unnecessary expenses if they would just pay for diagnosis and treatment of symptoms and also the costs of infertility caused by PCOS.”

Because PCOS can cause so many physical and emotional complications, it is important for early detection, treatment and support. 

Cassy Juranek

"I have had PCOS since who knows how long. Probably most of my 30 yrs of life, as I have never had regular periods. I do suffer from acne but at least the cystic acne has disappeared due to inositol but i still have the regular pimples that teenagers get. I have black hairs on my chin and nipples but luckily not nearly as bad as I have seen on other poor ladies. Thought I had anxiety, depression, and even borderline personality disorder but now see how my hormones are the culprit. I have been pregnant once but miscarried. I have been unsuccessful at conceiving for years"

Chrisy Wise of Georgia agrees, 

“I started showing signs at a very young age and went undiagnosed for many years. As a young girl, it was very hard when doctor after doctor kept telling me nothing was wrong. Now, I know all the symptoms together equal pcos.”

Also supporters like Elise who are advocating for herself and her sister...

"I'm contacting you about my sister she and I both have pcos. However she has suffered the most facial hair, hormones you name it as a result she was tormented and bullied beyond belief through high school and some college. She suffers severely from depression has a history of cutting. I have wanted to write to a Dr. Oz or someone she did post a video on YouTube her name is Adreeya Anderson. I suffer with the absence of a menstrual cycle facial hair and the weight gain. But I would love the opportunity to tell her and my story."

 
Teenagers such as Mekayla Seidl

"I'm 16 years old going on 17 and i have been diagnosed with PCOS since i was 14...i have tried many different medications as im sick all the time and no medications really help. It seems to me that the only time i can lose weight is when I'm constantly having diarrhea. My sister is 20 going to be 21 and was diagnosed with it when she was 16 i believe and she has been having a tough time losing weight. We both are constantly depressed from it. We don't know who all has had it in our family and my grandma has passed away from ovarian cancer in 2009 and my mom is having trouble with her ovaries. I would be more than willing to share my story...this is a huge thing as i get made fun of for it and my.little sister thinks it's a joke"

My personal story was aired starting in 2006  on Discovery Health Channel's Mystery Diagnosis and can be viewed on youtube...
 
This is part 1 of 3
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYsunsgZxNk

I have also been featured in Glamour Magazine numerous times including as a 2008 top ten finalist for Woman of the year for PCOS Advocacy, Woman's World, FOX News, The 10! Show, Glouceser COunty Times, Pocono Record and many other newspapers, blogs, radio and media campaigns to raise awareness for this mystery syndrome. 
 
You can view my other stories and initiatives by visiting:

Twitter: @jerzgurlie

I also work with some of the leading PCOS Researchers, OBGYNS and endocrinologists around the globe who would be willing to share their expertise with regards to this medical condition!

There are still many unanswered questions.   While there are many medical and physical implications with this syndrome the psychological stigmas such as being overweight, excess body hair, acne and infertility leave the most long lasting impressions on many women living with this condition today.. With more awareness and teaming with media outlets like yours, we can change perceptions of who these women are not simply lazy, who do not take care of themselves but, women who are battling the complications associated with this syndrome every day.
 
It is imperative this story be told and shows like yours help in bringing awareness to what still remains today as a mystery syndrome for millions of women..
 
I look forward to your response and am hopeful you will find this is something well worth bringing into the mainstream..
 
REQUEST YOUR PRESS KIT TODAY: 

Ashley Levinson
Email: ashley.sells70@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that affects a woman's hormone levels. Women with PCOS produce higher-than-normal amounts of male hormones. This hormone imbalance causes them to skip menstrual periods and makes it harder for them to get pregnant.But with Agbara Herbal Cleanser, This Pcos will be cured and it will regulate and balance your Hormones and You will get Pregnant very easy, Use Agbara Herbal Cleanser , Cure your Pcos and get pregnant very fast. The cysts are not harmful, but they can lead to an imbalance in hormone levels. Women with PCOS may also experience menstrual cycle abnormalities, increased androgen (sex hormone) levels, excess hair growth, acne, and obesity…
    Most ovarian cysts are small and don't cause symptoms. If a cyst does cause symptoms, you may have pressure, bloating, swelling, or pain in the lower abdomen on the side of the cyst. This pain may be sharp or dull and may come and go. If a cyst ruptures, it can cause sudden, severe pain., To avoid all this pains and cure it completely, Just use Agbara Herbal Deep Cleanser, and everything will be clear and you can get pregnant without any problem. drcureherbalhome@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete